Photo and Recipe of Filipino-Style Sautéed Corn by Dharl Lozada Librea
- mais (fresh corn)
- pork belly
- bawang (garlic)
- sibuyas (onion)
- patis (fish sauce)
- paminta durog (ground pepper)
- tubig (water) or pork broth
- dahon ng sili (pepper leaves)
Pigain ang mais hanggang sa medyo madurog.
Prepare the corn by squeezing until it is sort of crushed.
- Sauté the pork until brown.
- Then add the garlic and onion.
- Add ground pepper.
- Add water or broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once the pork becomes tender, add in the mashed corn.
- Pour in a little patis and simmer.
- Then add the dahon ng sili.
- Simmer again and that’s it!!!
Serve while hot!! 😊