The Filipino treat Sago’t Gulaman is a refreshing blend of pieces of gulaman (seaweed-derived “gelatin”) and sago pearls.
Here’s a simple recipe for a mango twist. 🙂
1 sachet ZANG Gulaman clear (unflavored)
12 cups Water
1 cup Sugar
2 bottles of mango puree (500 mL)
- Dissolve the gulaman and sugar in the 12 cups of water. Heat with constant stirring until boiling.
- Pour into mold and chill. Once the gulaman has set, slice into cubes.
- Mix the gulaman cubes with the cooked sago and mango puree. Chill.
- Pour into desired container and serve.
Optional: Top with vanilla ice cream!
* The Tagalog word for “mango” is mangga.
Recipe by Zang Gulaman www.zang.com.ph